Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Web '96 - Part 1 of 16

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 22:30:19 -0800
Subject: Kate Web '96 - Part 1 of 16
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi there -

When I first got on the World Wide Web, a little over
a year ago or so, the first thing I naturally did was look
at all the Kate sites I could.  The second thing I
did was review them all here; snippets of those reviews
made their way into the Lovehounds FAQ.

Well, a LOT has happened since then - I've become a
Major Web Deity, and a few major and several minor
Kate pages have been added.  So, it's high time for an
update of the reviews:

The Ultimate Band List Kate Card:

http://american.recordings.com/WWWoM/cgi-bin/ubl?card+1032

I said it then, and I'll say it now:  This should be your FIRST
stop on the Web in looking for Kate Resources.  The Ultimate
Band List (Or UBL by those "in the know") itself:

http://american.recordings.com/WWWoM/ubl/ubl.shtml

is, without a doubt, THE best source of finding band resources
on the 'net.  That URL should be in your hotlist, your bookmark
file, and tatooed on your forehead.

The Yahoo music artists section

http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Artists/

probably has more bands, but they only list "Major"
pages and, unlike the UBL, does not list mailing lists,
and often doesn't list just the FAQ's, or where to
ftp lyrics from.

Still, for you die-hard Yahoo fans, have fun at:

http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Artists/Bush__Kate/

Me?  I'll stick with the Ultimate Band List Kate Card,
with its (as of this writing) six major pages, seven minor pages,
and FAQ, Digitized songs links, and lyrics links.

Question:  It says "Love-hounds@uunet.uu.net does not
exist on1 October 1995!"  - what's all THAT about?

of 1 to 5 stars)

Ultimate Band List Kate Card: *****
Ultimate Band List: *****
Yahoo Kate Section: ***