Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V11 #328

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 12:54:54 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V11 #328
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Pruijn, Barbara wrote:

>      Guys,
>
>      Help me out here.
>      How on earth do I sign off of this list from hell.
>      I have been trying this for over 3 weeks now.
>      I have send the regular unsubscribe messages, I have contacted the
>      list moderator 3 times (I am NOT kidding), I have bothered the list
>      already. Just get me of this list.
>
>      Thank you very muchos,
>
>      Barbara

"'Relax,' said the Night Man, 'We are programmed to receive. You can
check out any time you like, but you can never leave.'"

Yes, Barbara, "It's really happenin' to ya."

This list do have voodoo and it won't stop until your account falls
off.

I've been on this list for five years and I've never heard of anyone
successfully getting off it. Most of the ones who tried are now either
dead or housed in sanitoriums or maximum security federal prisons.

I don't keep detailed documentation on failed attempts, but I believe
Steve0 does. IED will not acknowledge that anyone has ever even
*wanted* to leave, much less tried.

But maybe we can work something out Barbara. All it will cost you is
... your soul!

What say you good people?

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|