Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: of Koffee and booTlegs

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 00:24:06 +0100
Subject: Re: of Koffee and booTlegs
To: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi!

Rolf wrote:
> (re: Coffee Homeground)
> I agree with Wieland that "dann sterb' ich wohl" (I'll die then) is the
> closest approximation of what you hear.
> But is it the voice of the "killer" saying this?

me too.

> And they had an item I never heard of before: A Kate Bush LP by
> Ex-East Germany's national record company "Amiga" (no, not the computer corp.).

Yep. And as a side-node to loads of international people: "Amiga" is NOT
the name of the album. That'd be like calling The Kick Inside "EMI" instead.
All GDR's records in the rock/pop area were from the "Amiga" label.

[track listing]
> (so this is certainly not the mysterious Early Years LP)

Definitely not.

> The commentary on the back cover is quite funny to read, it has apparently
> been slightly "corrected" by the GDR's ministry of truth (or whatever that
> was called there). For instance they write that Army Dreamers is a song
> about youth unemployment. I typed in the commentary and put it on our web
> server, so - if I made no mistakes - you should be able to read it (uhmm,
> it's still in german...) with your WWW browser at
>
> http://maui.theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de/~peukert/music/ktb_amiga_txt.html
> (please send an email if that doesn't work)

Gee - you could've saved the typing - I typed that one in ages ago, but
so far didn't have the time to translate it into English...

The commentary is really quite amusing.

> I know now that Amiga also published Hounds Of Love in the GDR (no. EJ240384),
> but I haven't seen this record yet.

That's new for me, and assures you'll find your way into the credits of
the discography ;-)

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]