Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

of Koffee and booTlegs

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 09:00:02 +0100
Subject: of Koffee and booTlegs
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello,

(re: Coffee Homeground)
I agree with Wieland that "dann sterb' ich wohl" (I'll die then) is the
closest approximation of what you hear.
But is it the voice of the "killer" saying this?

Last Saturday I was at a record fair (in Erfurt), where I finally found
a "Home Demos" CD (Blue Moon Records). Horrible sound quality, but great songs.
Sometimes you get the strange impression that Tori Amos had heard this record too...

And they had an item I never heard of before: A Kate Bush LP by
Ex-East Germany's national record company "Amiga" (no, not the computer corp.).

"Kate Bush", Amiga 856 072
VEB Deutsche Schallplatten Berlin DDR
(P) EMI 1984         [so it's apparently licensed by EMI]
Made in German Democratic Republic

The cover picture is the same as on the "Hammer Horror" single (or page 7
in the Lionheart CD booklet). Though this compilation was published in 1984,
it has only songs from TKI, LH and N4E:

side 1:
Babooshka
Delius (Song Of Summer)
Moving/The Saxophone Song
Hammer Horror
Wuthering Heights

side 2:
Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake
The Kick Inside
Violin
The Infant Kiss/Night Scented Stock
Army Dreamers
L'Amour Looks Something Like You

(so this is certainly not the mysterious Early Years LP)

The commentary on the back cover is quite funny to read, it has apparently
been slightly "corrected" by the GDR's ministry of truth (or whatever that
was called there). For instance they write that Army Dreamers is a song
about youth unemployment. I typed in the commentary and put it on our web
server, so - if I made no mistakes - you should be able to read it (uhmm,
it's still in german...) with your WWW browser at

http://maui.theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de/~peukert/music/ktb_amiga_txt.html
(please send an email if that doesn't work)

I know now that Amiga also published Hounds Of Love in the GDR (no. EJ240384),
but I haven't seen this record yet.

bye,
	merry christmas and happy new year,

		Rolf