Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Request more info on certain (new) releases

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 95 22:51:52 +0100
Subject: Re: Request more info on certain (new) releases
To: "Peter van Dosselaar" <pvdossel@emt.ie.philips.nl>
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Peter!

you wrote:
> I'm desperately trying to get CD/LP information on stuff which can be
> ordered via telnet on cdeurope.com. It concerns:

> And so is love (released June 95)

And so is love came out as a promo only CD single in Canada (never seen,
would *like* to buy one), and as two different CD singles in UK (one limited
edition, one regular), and as a 7" pic disc with 12" plastic bag and poster,
as well as a cassingle in the UK as well. Some of the 7"'s were numbered, some
not. All these items came out in '94 already.

> Clock Interview

I've got a Kate interview CD with a clock around it. The CD is the pretty
normal baktabak interview CD, the clock is a pretty normal CD clock. Two black
pointers, one size AA battery. The clock/CD came in a box.

> Heart Box (5/95)

Sounds like '93's The Red Shoes box. This (and most (not all!) other boxed
repackagings of The Red Shoes) is not a regular EMI release, even though the
CD is, and as such the box isn't illegal at all. The collector's value
is questionable though.

> Iron Heart (11/89)

No idea!

> Just Saying it (12" vinyl ; 7/95)

This is another interview LP, the interview is a quite often found one from
85/86. The LP exists in various variants, at least as a picture disc, as
a purple vinyl LP, and a gold vinyl LP.

> Lithography 1 (single ; 5/95) ???
> Lithography 2 (single ; 5/95) ???

No idea.

> Red Box (5/95)
> Shoe Box (9/93)

See heart box comment above.

> As a newbie who accesses r.m.g via email, I bet there a tons of KB
> fans who can provide me with detailed info on any of these releases.

Well, not about all, but about some.

> Furthermore like to now how to get hold of "The Cathy Demos". Is is
> already available as a RoIO  on CD ? The FAQs don't give me too much info on
> this, and really need an update.

Well, the FAQ doesn't answer this, because I don't want to give too public
hints on how to obtain illegal material. This is also the reason why the
two L-H video collections aren't mentioned in the FAQ. There's heaps of
discussion about these issues in love-hounds/rec.music.gaffa, but the FAQ
goes in a lot of other, more 'serious' (whatever that'd mean) newsgroups,
is available on the Web, and I wouldn't be surprised to find several
CD-ROMs containing it (alongside hundreds if not thousands of other FAQs).

Basically the two best ways to obtain the Cathy Demos is to either go to
a record fair (and to search the bootleg CDs there), or to ask someone
for a taped copy.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]