Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Good ol' Fred was up to more no good that I knew about before

From: anderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com (Allen Anderson)
Date: 19 Dec 1995 01:20:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Good ol' Fred was up to more no good that I knew about before
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Daniel and Bridget Jankowski (jabber@io.org) wrote:
: In article <NESSUS.95Dec4131146@twitch.mit.edu>, nessus@mit.edu (Douglas
: Alan) wrote:

: > In doing an online library search I found the following item.  Good
: > ol' Fred Vermorel authored an article on Kate Bush about which I was
: > not previously familiar.  Here' the info.  As anyone seen this:
: >
: >            AUTHOR: Vermorel, Fred.
: >             TITLE: My Kate Bush.
: >            SOURCE: Creative Camera v. no252 (Dec. '85) p. 30-3 il.
: >       STANDARD NO: 0011-0876
: >              DATE: 1985
: >             PLACE: United Kingdom
: >          LANGUAGE: English
: >       RECORD TYPE: art
: >          CONTENTS: feature article
: >           SUBJECT: Photography of women.
: >
: >
: > |>oug

: Well, I don't know anything about the article, but a few years ago at a
: small college record store I found a really incredible Kate poster... It
: has just her head & shoulders and a whole bunch of leaves & vines are
: woven into her hair. On the top of the poster it says "The Secret History
: of Kate Bush (& the Strange Art of Pop)", and across the bottom "Fred
: Vermorel". Is this from some book I don't know about? I just assumed it
: was... Anyone?

:                                           - Bridget

: --
: "I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive" - The Tick

: Bridget or Daniel Jankowski
: jabber@io.org

I think that I saw this book at a record store in Riverside called _The
Mad Platter_, back when I was destitute (otherwise I would have gotten it).
It seemed kind nifty, and I recognize the gorgeous Kate picture that you
describe, as it was (I think) the cover.  Wow, I wonder if that book is
still there...
|      Allan Anderson -- anderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com -- Hand Holder        |
| "No one wants my mindless iridescent protoplasms" -- _Shoggoths Away_ |