Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sensual World Noise Burst

From: E L BROOKFIELD <E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 13:55:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Sensual World Noise Burst
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

If I remember rightly from the KBC Sensual World magazine, the 'swop'
noises found in the title track of the album were produced courtesy
of Paddy (who else!!), by reeling out a fishing rod.It is the noise of
the line being thrown out as it were (not too acquainted with fishing
terminology I'm afraid). Paddy was trying to recreate the atmosphere
of an Irish Lake etc... and was subsequently rather annoyed that he
was credited on the album as playing 'whips' on the track.

Also a while back someone from Manchester wrote in asking about
getting his hands on some Cathy demos. Well if he would like to email
me (as I too am from the rainy city!) I would gladly send him a copy
of the two tapes I have, which judging by reading the discussions
over the last few days, have pretty much everything on. All I ask is
for him to send me a tape (sorry I can't remember your name!).
Hey its nearly Xmas, give someone the demos as a Xmas pressie!!!!
Love to all you Hounds,
Esther....xxxxxxx