Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Continuing Story of KB and Tori Amos

From: braitman@sirius.com (Stephen M. H. Braitman)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 21:14:21 -0800
Subject: The Continuing Story of KB and Tori Amos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

My two cents worth:

Kate Bush has been an inspiration for new music by women since she started.
It is normal that some of these who have followed in her wake become
popular, like Tori Amos. However, they  are artistic followers, not
leaders.  I like Tori Amos, as well as Lisa Germano, Jewel, Rebecca Moore
and several others, all who have talent, ideas, and original vision. But
they definitely come out of  Kate Bush's original liberating inspiration.
So, I don't resent Tori Amos et al.  There's room enough for more music.
It's not a black & white world.

Stephen M. H. Braitman/Amorous Writing & Editing