Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Welcome to the Cult!

From: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 14:30:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Welcome to the Cult!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

There's a seedy little book out that I saw yesterday called "Cult Artists",
brief bios of artists that are not widely popular but who have devoted
followings.

Yes, Kate is in it, but don't rush out to buy it. It's the standard potted two
and a half page bio, photo from the Red Shoes era, and a few lines about her
devoted fans who trade tapes and talk over the Internet. And a quote from an
unnamed fan who describes listening to her as "a religious experience".

To give you an idea of how sloppy this book is, Elvis Costello (I assume this
is the same one who has a number of international hit singles and albums) is
also defined as a "cult artist".

Cheers, Fiona

Fiona McQuarrie, Department of Business Administration
University College of the Fraser Valley
Abbotsford, B.C., Canada V2S 7M9 (604) 853-7441 X4310
mcquarrf@ucfv.bc.ca

Take off this horrible crusty dance record which sounds like an enormous
insect driving a Moulinex Magimix around Glastonbury festival with its
hippy mates! Only not good.
                                  --New Musical Express reviews the
                                    single "Wonderfool" by Moondogg