Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: O(+> and Kate Bush

From: 100714.1023@compuserve.com (Rainer Wessel)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 22:50:23 GMT
Subject: Re: O(+> and Kate Bush
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

ritchieb@worldnet.net (Richard BREITNER) wrote:

>Does anybody know how O(+> and Kate did "Why should I love U" on
>Kate's last release "The red shoes" ?
>It's like, say: they recorded their own parts alone in the studio and mixed them later.

You're right - that's exactly how it came about. Kate says she sent a
demo tape to O%+!§ (whatever - I call him PRINCE!) and would like him
to do some tracks on it and was stunned when she received back a fully
instrumented recording, including backing vocals, guitar solo, and
everything. Too much, really, especially since it had become quite an
uptempo song, not the thing Kate originally had had in mind when she
started out...

So she sat down and minutely worked it over until it fitted (more or
less) into her own work. You'll hear the verses are basically Kate's
and Prince comes in rather harshly with the chorus. The guitar solo
part is also pure OJ (sorry, O(+>).

I'd really like to hear Kate's original version - without Mr "How do
you spell 'U'?" Prince. I have a feeling I'd like that one better...