Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Knackered Knickers?

From: Animlboy@scsn.net (Animal Boy)
Date: 10 Dec 1995 02:00:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Knackered Knickers?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
 Date: Fri, 08 Dec 95 14:48:00 EST

 Having done a fair share of laying gaffer tape in my time, I have
 to say the first thing that sprang to my mind on hearing this song
 was not thick black tape but some Middle Eastern bastion of Islam,
 somewhat akin to Mecca, Jedda, or such like. Being suspended in
 Gaffa sounded more like one of the trials of Sinbad than anything.
 This is, of course, just one man's fancy.

I generally think of Gaffa as some sort of (possibly gel-like) substance,
but your theory certainly make sense as well. Kate has been known to
mention locales before.