Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Greeting Stars - Kate's Xmas card design

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk (Neil Calton)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:38:26 +0000
Subject: Greeting Stars - Kate's Xmas card design
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I feel sure someone must have posted this before but if they
did I missed it so here goes. The Greeting Stars Xmas card set
is now on sale in HMV stores (certainly in the Oxford one).

As has been mentioned they are being sold in aid of the War child
charity (with 2 pounds from each pack sold going to War Child).
The price I paid was 5-99 pounds. There are 12 Xmas cards - one
each from The Boo Radleys, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Brian Eno,
Siobhan Fahey & Dave Stewart, Peter Gabriel, Massive Attack,
Oasis, Iggy Pop, Pulp, Radiohead, and The Stone Roses.

Kate's card features the circular Red Shoes image of a dancer's two
crossed feet but with ice skating blades on the ballet shoes and the
supporting foot resting on a snow covered chimney with glacial
scenery in the background. There is Kate's signature in the lower
right hand corner. Inside is the single word Peace ( several of the
cards also contain this inside so it is probably  the default message
put in if the artist specifies nothing else). Each card is about 5 inches
square. A reduced image of Kate's design appears on the front of
the pack - which is not too surprising since IMHO most of the designs
are fairly awful and I would not even send them to my enemies.

Neil
--

Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Computing & Information           JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk