Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is katE a Donut? (IED waxes mawkish)

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 04:06:32 -0500
Subject: Is katE a Donut? (IED waxes mawkish)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 Wieland writes:

 > best wishes
 > Wieland

 > "Upon careful consideration,
 > IED has come to the conclusion
 > that Kate Bush is not merely
 > a higher form of life.
 > Kate Bush is, after all, God."
 >                         (IED)

Some time having passed between the date of IED's original epiphanous
pronouncement (kindly reproduced by Wieland) and the present holy season, he
thinks it not inopportune to sustain the extravagant but on the whole sound
judgement quoted above. So, with due thanks to Larry Hernandez:

S                              R                              I

IED thanks Wieland for the brief nostalgic visit to ca. 1988, and wants to
assure anyone who cares that, though less windy than of yore, he remains
among you still, a daily reader and (thankfully only) occasional
forth-holder.  (Hello, MarK Ganzer!
Hey, Lizooshka!  Hey, there, Ron Hill!  Hi, Joe Turner!  Hi, Derek Langsford!
 The moments of pleasure rush by...)

Cheers, all!

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
   S         R        I

   P.S.:
    Kate Bush fan A (professor of religious studies addressing his students):
       "In this course I'm going to take away your Jesus..."
   Kate Bush fan B (imaginary and long after the fact):
       "If you must.  Just so long as you don't take away our Kate Bush!" :^)

   And as the wonderful Karen Newcombe reminds us all:

      "Oooh find me the man with the ladder
       And he might lift me up to the stars"

   And:

      Felicitations on |>oug's brilliant orbiting coup -- let's all keep
fingers
      crossed for him that his good deed elicits an acKnowledgemenT...even if
only
      several Kate-years hence.

   Finally:

      Get well soon, John.