Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Be kind to my mistakes

From: E L BROOKFIELD <E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 10:42:54 GMT
Subject: Be kind to my mistakes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Thankyou for putting me in the know. Yes I am new to this newsgroup
and I am a resident of good old England, which means that we only get
the Liz Fraser vocals on the Fruitopia ads, not Kate.
Why do you think this is? The English music press are perhaps more
harsh in comdeming artists for selling out and doing ads, or maybe
its a cunning ploy by EMI to plung Kate into the subconscious minds
of millions of Americans.... who knows.
As for Kate touring, something simple to please her true fans would
be just amazing. Remember the 1990 fan club convention in London when
she sang that wonderful Irish (I think) song, unaccompanied, to
remember her guitarist and her dancing partner(one of the two on thew
Tour of Life) who had died
that year from AIDS... I was not the only one with tears in my eyes.
Everyone have a good day out there on earth!
Esther...xxxx