Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How to become a Katective 2: Ronald Girardin and the "Dreaming" plug

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 15:05:22 -0100
Subject: How to become a Katective 2: Ronald Girardin and the "Dreaming" plug
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ronald wrote:
> Can someone decipher the whispering at 2:35 to 2:38 in There Goes A
> Tenner. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't get it, but I know, how YOU can get it. It's only because
my English is too bad!
This is, what you need: A special Katective-tool (it was mentioned about a
year ago, when Vickie discovered the phenomenon of phase cancelation).

You need a big plug for your headphones:
Symbolic representation of the plug:

   VVVVVVVV
 \
  ---------  ----
           \/    \/\
                    \
                    /
           /\    /\/
  ---------  ----
 /

You have to coat the "VVV" labeled area with thin tape (not Gaffer's tape,
but use this thin Scotch tape, where you can write on, it works good). As
a good Katective, I always carry such a prepared plug with me and it worked
perfectly on this problem. Kate's voice is almost completely canceled and
you can hear this whispering MUCH better. So, I hear it quite good, but my
English is too bad to get it. Sorry.

It's a MUST for every lovehound to own such a "Dreaming"-plug!!!!

Best wishes
    Wieland

PS: Some research in the archive revealed: It was the famous Michael
Knight, who invented this "Dreaming"-plug.

PPS: BTW Ronald, as you mentioned TRS: It's soooo great!!!
I listened to it almost constantly this loooong, very hot summer. It
was such a great summer full of positive memories! So, now it's winter and
always, when I'm listeneing to TRS, these summer memories pop up into my
mind. It's soooooo great!!! (warm nights, moskitos, friends, love, beer,
loaf away...).
"And so is love..."