Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting-landscape

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 19:51:39 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting-landscape
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Michael Doerr <doerr@server2.rz.uni-leipzig.de> wrote;
> Does anybody knows where this beautiful landscape lies which can be seenin the
> video of "Cloudbusting" ??

It clearly is either in Kent or Sussex, perhaps Surrey (at a stretch).
There are the North downs and the South downs, they look much the same.
Unfortunately, these hills are about 50 miles (or more) long each, so
to find the exact spot might be difficult, unless someone already knows.

Of course, since Kate lives (anyone know when she intends to move) in
North Kent, my guess would be the North downs, BUT generally these are
more urbanised being nearer London, and the South downs are often more
rural, as in the video, but good camera angles can fix that.

The video does remind me of Box Hill, except Box Hill is much steeper,
still a nice reminder of home when I see it (I moved out of the area
about a year ago, and now am in Minneapolis, USA).

			Bryan Dongray