Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Two questions...

From: UndrToad@ix.netcom.com (The UnderToad)
Date: 22 Nov 1995 13:44:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Two questions...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <48ugn5$opf@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, tyrell@ix.netcom.com says...
>Firstly, what's a "gaffa" and why would you want to be suspended in it?
Before (if?) this gets started... Within the last couple of months, one
of the Cleveland, Ohio television stations, on a morning news-magazine
show, had a couple of guys promoting their book on "1001 Uses for Duct
Tape" (or words to that effect).  They had clothes embellished with the
stuff, cooking utensils constructed with it, etc.  The show's host
pointed out to them that on the show they used (what he called) "gaffer's
tape" to fasten-down his lapel microphone cable against the back of his
shirt.

For completeness:
>Secondly, is that Ms. Bush's voice on the backing vocals of D. Bowie's
>"Absolute Beginner's" theme?
No idea.  I haven't seen it mentioned in L-H yet (which I would certainly
EXPECT).  (BTW, for anyone clocking my progress through the archives,
I am in late-December, 1989.)

___
 |\ "I think you're all completely mad"-Kate    pdcampbell@goodyear.com