Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jon Drukman?, KB-trivia-questions

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 95 22:45:49 GMT
Subject: Re: Jon Drukman?, KB-trivia-questions
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>Hello friends,
>
>taking advantage of a lovehound's generosity, I had the great pleasure to
>get a tape of Jon Drukman's "Kate-Rape" and I like it very much. I would
>like to contact him. Is there anyone on this list, who knows, what he's
>doing at the moment and knows his actual email?
>
>BTW, I have two VERY important questions:
>
>1. On the "Never for Ever" LP you can find the inscriptions
>   A: "Do"
>   B: "Mi".
>   Is there any KaTe relation?

   Well, they fit into the following famous sequence:

   DO re MI fa so la te do

    ...which is used teaching music. They corrospond to the eight natural
notes in an octave. So, (and this is wild conjecture) they could refer to
the predominate keys of the songs on the album.

>BTW3: A while ago I asked about the "German version of RUTH". Do you
>remember? Now I found a Doug Alan mail in the archive, that he asked Lisa
>at the KBC about this and the answer was: No, there is no such version.

   She would have had to learn it phoneticly. When she was on _Bio's
Banhoff_, the only German she knew was "nein."

   She had a friend speak the German on _The Ninth Wave_.

   Even Kate's parts on the German versions of Peter Gabriel's
songs are in English (_No Self Control_) or French (_Games
Without Frontiers_.)