Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Clouded words

From: bretthar@BoM.GOV.AU (Brett Harris)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 95 18:10:57 DST
Subject: Re: Clouded words
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi Lovehounds,

Just thought I'd clear up this meteorological stuff...

In the song, the voice refers to Cumulus Castellus,  generally
"Castellatus" or the more modern usage "Castellanus" is the
description of a cloud which is exhibiting vertical growth in
the form of turrets.

Usually we refer to "altocumulus castellanus", which is a middle level
cloud (approx 8000 to 20000 ft above sea level) seen in the morning
in the form of a line with series of verically developing cumulus
cells.  This indicates an unstable atmosphere with the potential
for thunderstorm development later in the day.

Brett.

hmmm, not obscure really, most of the "meat" of this newsgroup for the
last 5 years have been lyrics questions.  I thought I might find your
answer on cs.uwp.edu, since I couldn't for the life of me remember where
the exclusive lyric collection was.  But /pub/lyrics/b/bush.kate revealed
nothing..  needs to be updated with the two extra discs in the anthology,
and a couple of other miscellaneous extra songs off of various singles.

anyone up to it?

-darkmark
 darkmark@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
 http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu:8000/~darkmark