Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Komix

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 95 19:41:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Komix
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>Well, I'm glad you're still around, Stev0, even if against your will.  It
>sounds to me it's a hot collector's item that can be worth a lot some
>day.  I have no intention to sell my Secret History of Kate Bush at all,
>as unappealing as some parts of that "biography" are.  (Great genealogy
>and locale history, though).

   It *is* better than nothing. The "official" Kerry Juby book is
even more filled with errors, and...boring. At least the Vermoral
book is an interesting read.

>      Any idea where I can find this comic book in my area, anybody?
>(L.A.)  I'd like to at least get a chance to pick it up and read it, if
>anything.  If it ranks with Ed Wood, then that does have an appeal of its
>own, that's for sure.

  We own two copies...it's a major stinkburger all right, but it's not
much fun. I've never bothered to read it all the way through.

>(And Stev0, the very good poet and dramatist is "Shakespeare" with an "e"
>but that's okay.  Maybe Shakespear is someone else and he's like Edgar
>Guest or some other bad poet   :)       )

   Um...actually the Bard of Avon spelled his own name 4 different ways.
Really. People were much less anal about spelling in those wild, wooly
pre-Johnson days.