Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Open Hand

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 08:48:44 -0600
Subject: The Open Hand
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: pfm@glass.jecsystems.com

This cannot go unanswered.

[Peter F-M]

| Continuing the personal thread, about which I expect someone is going
| to tell me off shortly, Krys and I had a small ritual of our own today
| to part from our unrealised child, and to enable us to move on.

It will be a sad day indeed when one cannot or fears to share
both joy and sorrow on this board.

You and Krys must understand what your work has meant to us,
particularly those of us very far from Kent, who without the
Homeground, would not have a place to share feelings
and art.  Homeground has been there when all other
sources dried up.  Homeground had been the close up view
of Kate and her world that so many of us wish we had, but
could never have if you and yours had not shared with us.

I've seen the wonderful and terrible emotions on those pages.
Some very lonely souls have reached out to your open hands.
Whenever did you refuse them, or chase them away?  You saw
to it, that they would not be alone in despair.

You must understand how we feel about that, the depth of it?

If I have gotten any message or whatever philosophy
from Kate's work it is that the practice of the open hand is the
most important one.

That distant murmur out your window is a continuing prayer
that your fondest hopes be realized, and where they cannot be,
that a more powerful joy be yours.

Best wishes,

len

"We can be like two strings beating, speaking in sympathy.
What would we do without you?"  K.B.