Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's Spirituality

From: Peter Fitzgerald-Morris <pfm@glass.jecsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 23:53:00
Subject: Kate's Spirituality
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello All,

Read the recent posts on Kate and Wicca etc. Those interested might
care to read my ongoing series in HOMEGROUND (Advert!) "Them Heavy
People" about a load of stuff on similar themes. Basically it takes
off from Lily's spoken dedication, a quotation from Vedic scripture
used virtually verbatim in the Charge of the Goddess, the basic
document of modern paganism.

There are many and various stories about Kate being "initiated into
Wicca". I regard most of them with a truckload of salt. It is clear
Kate has explored many religious, spiritual, and philosophical fields.
It runs in the family. No doubt her own ideas are an amalgum of things
she found helpful and useful in these many fields.

The Gurdjieff/Sufi ideas and images in her early work were probably
inherited from family discussions originated by John Carder Bush, a
poet, author, and seeker himself. In any person born and brought up in
a Roman Catholic family some traces of that religion must remain. She
had friends in the Krishna movement. I have thought to have seen in
Kate's work images suggested by Golden Dawn type ritual practice, of
which "Lily" is the most recent and obvious.

At the end of it, Kate's ideas are probably most ideosyncratically her
own.

Regarding Reading etc, I've just seen Karen's query regarding the type
of studio to be put in there (that digest arrived late). Allwe know at
the moment is that it is a sound recording studio.

Continuing the personal thread, about which I expect someone is going
to tell me off shortly, Krys and I had a small ritual of our own today
to part from our unrealised child, and to enable us to move on.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  pfm@glass.jecsystems.com      H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  pfm@glass.jecsystems.com      H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--- Blue Wave/RA v2.20 [NR]
TGA/Jec Data Comms