Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

spam filter

From: Goddess in Training <rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 12:37:23 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: spam filter
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan wrote:
> Oops!  Sorry!  Sorry for two reasons.  First, =you= were not
> originally supposed to be getting =any= of the spam.  The program
> used a hash-value such that your ID and that of Stev0, had the same
> hash value.  So we =were= going to see to it that you got none of
> the spam.  But, second, Stev0 found out what was going on, and
> insists that he not continue to receive the spam.  Frankly, it's
> easier to leave things such that =you= continue to get it, and we
> filter it out for Stev0.  Sorry; you're conscripted.  If you don't
> like it, then see whether you can work something out with Stev0.

Look, it's useless to have me be the one watching for spam, since I won't
have time to write to all the postmasters and stuff, so it's only going
to be an annoyance to me and do nothing to help stop spam.  My Inbox is
already filled to the point of overflowing, so if I keep getting spam
from this list, I'll have to unsubscribe.  So *please* take me off the
list of spam-getters.  Thanks.
Renee Rosen                   "Dear Mr. Manson, have you heard of or seen
rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu     a man from Wisconsin by the name of Ed Gein?
Goddess in Training            You helped me discover The Beatles and Stones,
Astrud and Astarte on irc      but he turned me on to the beauty of bones."
LadyGodiva on the DivWeb                            --The Fibonaccis