Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Marmite Monster Speaks.......

From: "R.L.Crane" <R.L.Crane@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 09:24:00 +0000
Subject: A Marmite Monster Speaks.......
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> What has Australia got to do with Marmite? I understand that the product
> the UK has called Marmite is called Vegimite in Australia, although I may
> not have spelled that right. For any Australian out there, Marmite is a
> gluey, black colour, yeast extract, I remember, a bit tangy in taste.
> Is this what Vegimite is?

As non elected representative of the " World Wide Federation of Marmite
Mosters" (Hi Faith, Hi Lee!)  I must protest at the comparison
between Marmite (Gods own Savoury Spread) and Vegemite (The Devils
Pooh!)

Marmite is pure  as yeast extracts get(commercially) and Vegemite has
allsorts of artificial flavouring and shit in it.  Yeeeuck!

Kate knows a good thing when she sees it......that's all I can say!

Vegemite, indeed!  P'shaw!

Will.......founding member of the W.W.F.M.M.

            Doctor Zum Says

       EXPLORE EXPLAIN and EXPOSE
             That which is

             * FORBIDDEN *