Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: line cross curve

From: Norman <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 26 Oct 1995 22:20:00 GMT
Subject: Re: line cross curve
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello Lovehounds, and to Ronny, who asked if TLTCTC (The Line, The
Cross, and The Curve) was worth ordering?

     Order TODAY!  I just got my copy yesterday.  Watched it twice last
night!  Is Kate a genius or what?!  I was just mesmerized by the film.
And Miranda Richardson . . . If the movie, Now Voyager is ever redone,
she's perfect to be the new Mrs. Danvers!  Wow, does she do evil so well!
 There are so many artistic and clever touches.  Let alone, the "type" of
film changes all the time, from a seemingly video album in the beginning
with Kate doing some clever dance steps (with the help of her partner) of
"Rubberband Girl" and then . . . well, I shouldn't spoil it for you!  You
have to go out and get a copy!

      Now, once again.  Can someone explain to me what's wrong with MTV?
 They should be having a Kate Bush weekend, showing this film, concert
footage, interviews, and mesmerizing everybody.  She'd make Beavis and
Butthead silent for once!  But if they ever do show her, it's relegated
to 120 Minutes, shown once a month, if at all, until the song is way old.
 Of course, MTV isn't that much nicer to Tori or Sarah Maclachlan or
anyone of similar nature.

     There were many enigmatic images and symbols shown in TLTCTC.  One
I'd like to bring into discussion (if it was talked to death, let me
know.  I can read the archives) was that black bird in the "And So Is
Love" sequence.  I'll say nothing more so Ronny can get the video and see
what I'm talking about.

             "All I need is for you to draw on three pieces of paper."

                                            The Storm

                                  Murderer!  Murderer of calm!