Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello, Earth

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 21:41:05 -0700
Subject: Hello, Earth
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi -

I sent in my unsubscribe message yesterday, but as we
all know it generally takes a day or four for these things to
go through, so I saw this sitting in today's Lovehounds:

>Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu> said:
>No.  They set up the newsgroup with a filter to trap spam, but
>continued routing the messages to the host for Stev0, so that at
>least =one= person  would continue to send complaints to the ISPs of
>the spammers.  Unfortunately, his tolerance was over-estimated, and
>he's been driven off the system.  It might be suggested that he be
>contacted, and the situation be explained to him, but he'd probably
>be really angry and not rejoin; d_rned if we do, and d_rned if we
>don't.

Um, so I was the Spam Watchdog?  I wouldn't have minded if
someone had WARNED me, but, unfortunately, I can't take that
position.  As soon as whoever is running the filters has it all in
place, someone else can be the Bearer of Big Spams, and I
can safely re-subscribe, and give me a call when it's all in
place, OK?

And I'm not pissed - but you should know my tolerance level
lies somewhere between that of Yosemite Sam and Margaret
Thatcher.

And that's the first time I've ever seen someone self-censor
the word "darn"!  Whoever would be offended by "Darn"
must be a REAL fuckhead!

- Stev0 the waiting

ObKate:  Being a vegetarian, Kate couldn't spam a
mailing list.  She'd marmite it.