Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE:RE:katename

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE:RE:katename
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, P. Dale Campbell wrote:

> Well, personally, all other emotion would be overwhelmed by the thrill
> of thinking that KT was a fellow buckeye, living less than 2 hours from
> Akron! :)  Of course, she could afford to phone from England to
> Columbus to link into the net. :(

The telephone calls are tremendously expensive. That's why I had to dump
Del. It was an economic decision. Del or my net fix. One of them had to
go. I chose Columbus because I *am* an OSU Buckeye fan. Besides, I hate
it when he calls me "Puddin'". I still let him hang around, but he's
paying his own way now!

I was originally going to call "Cloudbusting" "Rushing" -- inspired by
a biography of Woody Hayes I once read. It was very touching. Here are
the original lyrics:

I still dream of the Rose Bowl.
I wake up crying.
We're making plays and it's just in reach
Till the Big Ten title escapes me.

You're like my defensive line
That ground them underfoot.
What made them special
Made them dangerous
But they graduate
And forget

	But everytime we play
	I knock one in the head
	Like a long, high kick--
	Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen.
	But just saying it won't make it happen you bums -- go out and
		kick some butt!

On top of the polls
Before the Michigan game
You could see them coming.