Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate lyrics

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 18:26:29 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Kate lyrics
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi Kate lyric-lookers,

It seems that there are several "disappointments" in the
age of the lyrics in "The Garden". It seems that a posting of
mine must have fallen by the wayside, or not managed to get posted
by me (probably more likely), although I did get a response, about
ftp'ing it to uunet, which I could do, but would this get these back
into the garden, probably not.

Pertti Tapola wrote:
> Subject: Kate lately?
> It seems that all the interviews, FAQs etc stop in time before
> the Red Shoes.  There are not even lyrics for that album in e.g.
> Garden.

and

Norman Buchwald wrote:
> Subject: Re: MisK.
> >As Bryan suggests, the Phoenix titles seem to be more
	^ oooh, that's me - Wow!
> >authentic, for the most part, with the above possible exceptions
> >noted. It's too bad that we can't really confirm any of the demos' titles.
>      Never fear, Love Hounds.  I've already realized the difference of
> titles in demos (for those who have voted them.  And will simply label
> each song title with the other one(s) in parenthesies when the results
> are posted.)  A couple of you have already told me about "The Garden,"
> though I am suspicious that some of these lyrics seem to come from one
> or more persons' ears (good ears, but ears, regardless).  After all a
> about(!)  I've saved the lyrics page, but as I glanced over it, I
> realized it's not complete as of yet.

Well, what I said (or didn't say) last time was that I took the garden
now incomplete lyrics, and through the discussions on what missing words
most likely are, also getting the latest lyrics added (TSW and TRS),
changing the demo titles to the Phoenix broadcast titles, and labelling
each title with where the track can be found, I finally have an excellent
file (BIG file - 150k) to be put in the garden, replacing the old lyrics.

SO will whoever has the ability to update this, please email me, so you
can have the up-to-date version. I'll also email to anyone who wants
it (remember it's 150k, I have pkzip, UNIX compress, uuencode, btoa,
if you want to select a compression and encoding method to save email
network bandwidth).

			Bryan Dongray

PS Things I believe are in Kates garden, are:
	A hidden yo-yo
	A piper by the willow
	A pond (with someone wading through it)
	Half of a heaven
	Ivy plant (with leaves you can go under)
	Kate - fading fast in your arms
	There was Geoffrey, her ex-gardener, who had told her he was
		only going away for little while.
according to her lyrics.
Any more?