Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TTI - A Wonderful Experience

From: Smith Van PRC <smithv@USAFE16.ramstein.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 95 20:02:00 PDT
Subject: TTI - A Wonderful Experience
To: "'RMG'" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 58 TEXT

Hello Love Hounds,

Many thanks to all you amazing Hounds involved in the
Total Tape Integration collection.  It was fantastic!  A
special thanks to Kate Laity, my dub provider.

Observations/Questions:

It was interesting hearing KaTe's opinion of schooling.  She
stated she found it restrictive, and that she simply could not
express herself adequately in that environment.  Because
what She says is usually a de facto law in the Universe of
KaTe, particularly with regard to IED, I was wondering if IED
has a counterpoint?

Proof positive that "The Dreaming" is the apex of KaTe's
work, outdistancing even HoL in KaTe's view, was offered
in the Music Box interview  The interviewer had asked KaTe
what her favorite album, among her collective works, was.
KaTe responded that "the last one you did" was, because
it had the "most energy".  Immediately after that statement,
however, and I stress the fact that HoL had just been released,
KaTe mentioned that the fourth one - "The Dreaming" - was
her favorite because it had "very precious moments".  I find
myself in complete agreement with KaTe!

This Music Box interview also completely dispelled the opinion
offered a week or two ago that KaTe basically sucked in
interviews (was it Stev0 opining this??).   KaTe supplied very
informative answers and opinions during this interview.  Also,
I don't remember hearing a single "wow" or "amazing" during
the interview, although "brilliant" turned up a couple of times (and
justly so with regard to Terry Gilliam's directing capabilities).

The interviewer also directly asked KaTe, "Have you any religious
beliefs?", which also ties in to recent discussion threads on this
group.  KaTe, putting to rest all our speculations, answered in the
negative, and added that she believes mostly in "cause and effect".
If I'm not mistaken, Buddhism also has a tenet of this nature.  Probably
others do as well.  I'm not implying KaTe has Buddhist beliefs, just
pointing out a similarity is all.

I really enjoyed the "Don't Give Up" montage.  Peter Gabriel is
incredible and I've always enjoyed KaTe's appearances (on albums)
with him.  I saw that particular Gabriel tour in the mid-eighties right
here in Germany, Offenbach.  My oh my, if KaTe had shown up at
that concert I'd still be on a high!

It was great finally getting to see the Fruitopia commercials.  They are
quite special little moments of KaTe, aren't they?

Bye for now,

Van