Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The single File and stuff

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 20:59:25 +0100
Subject: The single File and stuff
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

eugene and stuffs wrote:

>A couple days ago I bought Kate's Single File box set, and in retrospect,
>I was wondering if I either got a good deal on it, or if I was ripped off.
>
>How much is this going for?  And how rare is it?
>
>Any info would be appreciated :)
         The last copy is saw advertised was for  £125, and anything between
£100 and £130 seems to be what it's fetching these days... It's quite rare,
especially if you have copy that's complete and  in excellent to mint
condition.

>And as a side note, all of you *should* buy Heather Nova's new one.  I
>got to see her live at the same store that I bought the Single File.
        Yeah, I think Heather's brilliant. She's not very much like Kate,
IMHO. Well, sometimes her voice sounds like Kate, but the sound, with the
blasting guitars is really very different.

>And does anyone else here like Sarah McLachlan?
             Definitely! :-)

      Oh, and finally about Toyah. Her album "Lynx" has an interesting
version of Alice Cooper's "School's out", definitely worth checking out! She
used to be quite popular over here a few years back and was sort of put in
the same category (you know how people like to label artists) as Kate, Lene
Lovich and Nina Hagen.

                                                Emmy.

"Butterflies don't belong in nets" - Tori Amos
Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@donald.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html