Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:45:52 GMT
Subject: Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jbuchwald@csun.edu (Norman Buchwald) wrote:

>1)  What is your top ten list of Kate Bush songs?  (No, that's not fair.
> I'll rephrase the question).  What is your top twenty list of Kate Bush
>songs?
      Hmmm... tough question! But here goes:
      (1) The night of the swallow
      (2) The kick inside
      (3) Nevertheless (you'll do)
      (4) Be kind to my mistakes
      (5) The big sky
      (6) Hammer Horror
      (7) Them heavy people
      (8) Scares me silly
      (9) Waking the witch
      (10) Sat in your lap
      (11) Ran Tan Waltz
      (12) Never be mine
      (13)Alternative Hounds of love
      (14)The infant kiss
      (15)Burning bridge
      (16)Constellation of the heart
      (17)The wedding list
      (18) Disbelieving angel
      (19)Don't push your foot on the heartbrake
     (20)Walk straight down the middle

Phew :)

>2)  What are your three favorite Kate Bush videos?
 Suspended in Gaffa, Experiment IV and Army dreamers

>3)  If you could only have one Kate Bush album or mini-album which would
>it be?  (This Woman's Work does not count.  Sorry!)  You can include
>bootlegs, demos, etc.  Oh, I think I'll be a bit mean.  Hounds Of Love
>and The Ninth Wave have to be seen as separate mini-albums on this
>question!
      I think I'd keep "The dreaming" or "Cathy's home demos". Aargh,
decisions, decisions :-)

>4)  If you could ask Kate one question, what would you ask?
      Where she keeps getting her seemingly unlimited inspiration from

>5)  What is your least liked Kate Bush song?  (the song that you love,
>but just not as much as all the others.  I'll be fair)
       I've never been very fond of "Lord of the reedy river" or the
instrumental "Dreamtime"

>6)  What is your favorite Kate Bush cover?
        "Candle in the wind"

>7)  What is your favorite Kate Bush guest appearance (i.e. "Don't Give
>Up," "Sister and Brother," etc.)
        "You" with Roy Harper

>8)  How much would you pay to see Kate Bush in concert?  (For people like
>me who reside in the States, keep in mind that the only performance she
>ever had in the U.S. (that I know of) was on Saturday Night Live in
>1978!)
         Gosh, no idea... Quite a lot I think :)

>And if you haven't had enough being interrogated on the net, name some of
>your favorite artists, maybe your favorite novels, fiction writers,
>poets, etc. and all your other raves, so we can all understand the common
>psychology, let me rephrase that, since I already suspect the results.
>Uncommon psychology of the Love Hounds
        Hmmm..Reading material : Stephen King, James Herbert, the
Brontė-sisters, Dickens, "Sandman"-comics (I know, interesting
combination :) ). Favourite poet? Oscar Wilde definitely.

             Emmy.

"Butterflies don't belong in nets" - Tori Amos
Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@donald.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html