Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Phoenix demo tape broadcast

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 16:59:09 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Phoenix demo tape broadcast
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

I received:
> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 14:18:26 -0400
> To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
> From: nudeadguy@aol.com (NudeAdGuy)
> Subject: Re: "Kate ever said anything about Tori?"--re "Snowbound..."

[some stuff deleted]
> For the record, here's the songs on the tape I have, with the titles as
> listed on the tape box, as read by the DJ:
>
> The Kick Inside, Hammer Horror, It Hurts Me, Stranded at the Moonbase,
> Kashka from Baghdad, Surrender into the Roses, Oh To Be In Love, Rinfi the
> Gypsy, On Fire Inside a Snowball, Dali, Where Are the Lionhearts, Violin,
> The Craft of Love, The Gay Farewell, Something LIke a Song, Frightened
> Eyes, Disbelieving Angel, Nevertheless, You'll Do, Come Closer to Me Babe,
> So Soft, Rare Flower, and While Davy Dozed.
>
> I'm curious how many of these songs eventually made it to bootlegs, an
> under what alternate titles?

OK, I'll skip on the ones that have never changed their name,
here's what I understand, between the "Home Demos" CD I have,
the IED mapping, and the Phoenix broadcast, of course some
of the Phoenix mapping is guessing on my behalf:

Phoenix broadcast		Home Demos		IED (maybe)

It Hurts Me			A Rose Growing Old	Feeling Like a Waltz
Stranded at the Moonbase	Keeping Me Waiting	Keeping Me Waiting
Surrender into the Roses	Coming Up		Camilla
Rinfi the Gypsy			Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms
On Fire Inside a Snowball	Snow			Hot in the Ice
Dali				?			?
Where Are the Lionhearts	Lionhearts		On the Rocks
The Gay Farewell		Eddie the Queen		Eddie the Queen
Something Like a Song		In My Garden		Something Like a Song
Come Closer to Me Babe		Goodnight Baby		Who is Sylvia?
So Soft				You're Soft		You're Soft
Rare Flower		Don't See Why I Shouldn't	Pick the Rare Flower
While Davy Dozed		Davy			Davy

The only left from the Home Demo CD (excluding TKI outtakes) is
	Ferry Me Over
and the only one listed on the Phoenix broadcast is:
	Dali
could these be the same? Could the lyrics for that really be:
	High,
	Can't see you.
	You've seen your "Dali"		I've seen it as "Darling"
	Alone and higher still
Hmmm! Could be that the DJ said "Darling" but they might sound much
the same over the radio.

I think I'm going to change my home made CD insert for my Home Demos CD
to have the Phoenix broadcast titles, I guess they're closer to what
Kate originally had!

			Bryan Dongray

KB Quote:	Let's change things, let's danger it up, we're crazy enough
AC quote:	Never thought I'd get confused, on what was wrong and right