Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Kate ever said anything about Tori?"--re "Snowbound..."

From: nudeadguy@aol.com (NudeAdGuy)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 14:17:35 -0400
Subject: Re: "Kate ever said anything about Tori?"--re "Snowbound..."
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

Samotnaf wrote:
>Odd, I've got one of the first CATHY
>DEMOS with a song called "Snow Bowl."  But, gee, you obviously have an
>inside lead on what the "real" name of the song is.

FYI--I had a tape of this radio braodcast at least a year before the
"Cathy" Demos started appearing in illicit record stores in my area. I,
too, bought that demo on colored vinyl to see if the quality was any
better than the low-power radio broadcast that I had. (It is.)

So, yes, I do have an inside lead--the DJ was a guy named John Dixon, who
goes by Johnny D on the air and he's a big Kate fan and former employee of
Capitol Records, which is where he got the tape.

Incidentally, I saw him at a local record convention recently where he
showed me EMI acetates of "Man with the Child" and another song, I think
"Kite." They weren't for sale, by the way. He just likes to pull them out
so Kate fans like us can drool on them.  (He has no idea what he would ask
for them even if he was going to sell them!)

For the record, here's the songs on the tape I have, with the titles as
listed on the tape box, as read by the DJ:

The Kick Inside, Hammer Horror, It Hurts Me, Stranded at the Moonbase,
Kashka from Baghdad, Surrender into the Roses, Oh To Be In Love, Rinfi the
Gypsy, On Fire Inside a Snowball, Dali, Where Are the Lionhearts, Violin,
The Craft of Love, The Gay Farewell, Something LIke a Song, Frightened
Eyes, Disbelieving Angel, Nevertheless, You'll Do, Come Closer to Me Babe,
So Soft, Rare Flower, and While Davy Dozed.

I'm curious how many of these songs eventually made it to bootlegs, an
under what alternate titles?