Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When Kate is 55 (or more)

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 01:27:53 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: When Kate is 55 (or more)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu> wrote:
> I think "Warm and Soothing" may give an idea.  Maybe a sequel to "The Jig
> Of Life"?  I think her songs are always about eternity.  If anything, I
> think a second childhood may bring back a lot of her childlike wonder
> that I started to feel disappearing a bit on her last two albums.  And I
> miss that.  What do you think?

Good and interesting points.

I write:

I think her song subjects have gone along with her age, sort of, with
exceptions, and not necessarily all directly from her experiences, so I
would guess that at 55 she might be writing about children leaving home,
partners leaving for younger partners, life winding down, etc. or whatever.
Which is all fine by me being just 4 years younger than Kate, I will
be able to relate to/understand these things better, just as I find and
have found much of her lyrics to date being able to relate to/understand,
if you know what I mean?

KB quote:	I'm feeling like a waltz growing old.
AC quote:	Can't wear her out, she can't grow old.

What say you good people?
Guilty, guilty, well, not guilty actually - in reference to OJ Simpson

			Bryan Dongray