Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate's studio equipment

From: Lance Day <lday@access.digex.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 15:39:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: kate's studio equipment
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.uu.net
Sender: lday@access.digex.net

>Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 14:28:18 -0400
>From: ktbush791@aol.com (Kt bush791)
>Subject: kate's studio equipment
>
>i was just curious, does anyone know what kind of setup kate uses in her
>studio?   being a musician myself,im somewhat of an audiophile. if anyone
>can tell me what sort of recording and amplification equipment she uses.

In the November 1993 issue of 'Future Music', on page 22 there's
an article titled 'Del tells what Katie did', where Del Palmer describes
(song by song) the engineering that went into The Red Shoes.

At the beginning of the article, there's a little sidebox titled
'KB's home studio - the gear'.

I'll quote bits of it that describe the equipment.

' ... an automated SSL desk...'

'Monitoring is via Meyer HDL speakers for recording and Acoustic Research
AR18s for mixing..."

"Monitoring is driven by a Yamaha power amp..."

"Studer A80 analogue multi-tracks were replaced during the sessions for
The Red Shoes by Sony 3324A digital machines..."

'... but as an alternative we have Urei limiters.'

"Kate never gets rid of equipment from the studio, and the effects mainstays
are AMS digital delays and reverbs.  Also in constant use are:

Lexicon 480 reverb with LARC
Lexicon 244 reverb with LARC
Lexicon 224
Yamaha REV 5
Yamaha REV 7
Yamaha SPX90
Quantec Room Simulator
Eventide H2000 SE Harmoniser
Yamaha analogue reverb
Roland Dimension D
Roland Chorus pedal
Sony M7 multi-effects."

"... Del comments: "You can never really have enough toys when it comes
to mixing!..."

"In terms of keyboards,the armoury is more limited, although additional
instruments can be brought in as required:

Fairlight Series III (replaces Kate's original Series IIX)
Yamaha DX7
Fender Rhodes electric piano
Acoustic Grand Piano
Hammond B3 organ."