Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Worked on Why Should I Love You

From: kln@crl.com
Date: 2 Oct 1995 16:01:53 GMT
Subject: Re: Worked on Why Should I Love You
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>   lolife@bitstream.net (LoLife) writes:
>  I've begged her to let me record or mix something for years (that's what
>  I do for a living).  My wish came true when I worked on Why Should I
>  Love You when I worked for Prince, but I hated what he did to that song
>  so much it killed me.

So, lolife, tell us about this experience.  We're curious little animals, the Love Hounds.

Did you ever get to talk to Kate in person?

What did you get from Kate to work with?  One song or several?

What did Prince do with it?

Is it true he sent back an enormous tape of material?

What did Kate use compared to what he sent, that is, what of his work is part of the song?

Was what you got substantially different from what the finished work is now?

Do you have a copy of what Kate sent over?

Thanks!  Karen  kln@a.crl.com

Karen  kln@a.crl.com