Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 'What is a Tape Tree?"

From: undrtoad@ix.netcom.com (P. Dale Campbell )
Date: 2 Oct 1995 04:00:56 GMT
Subject: Re: 'What is a Tape Tree?"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <44n9jn$9bf@dewey.csun.edu> jbuchwald@csun.edu (Norman Buchwald)
writes:

>That reminds me.  Does anyone know if Suzanne Vega was referring to
the
>same book in "Book of Dreams" and if maybe she was responding to Kate
>when she was saying "In my book of dreams . . ."  I know.  Far
fetched.
>But maybe there's a Vega buff out there who knows.

I have no inside information, but I always assumed she was referring to
the generic concept of "book of dreams".  These are books that tell you
the "meanings" of the dreams you have, and sometimes give numerical
assignments (used to play the lottery).  The phrase *certainly*
did not originate with Peter Reich.

---
UnderToad (pdCampbell@goodyear.com)
Your discount source for the freshest Clavin-isms.
"Is a dream a lie when it don't come true, or is it something worse?"