Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 'What is a Tape Tree?"

From: pfranken@pi.net (Peter Franken)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 1995 11:00:26 GMT
Subject: Re: 'What is a Tape Tree?"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"URMILLER@cc.memphis.edu"@msuvx2.memphis.edu wrote:

>  I apologize, but I am relatively new to the online world.  Could
>someone please tell me about this thing called "Tape Tree", and perhaps
>give me some other information on Kate resources.  Also, I have read
>several references to "Cloudbusting" as a book, where can I get it?
>thanks.

Hello Ross

I don't know for sure but a think a tape tree is when someone has a good tape he
makes some copies for a few friends, who then make some copies for their friends
and so on. Possibly greatly illegal of course if the first tape is buyware and
also not very good for quality, but still a good way of fast distribution if you
have enough people with two VCR's or portable ones.

Hope this helps, greetings, Peter

PS. You can easily check your mail posting quality by sending a copy to yourself
as you asked about in an earlier posting.

[Einstein was a fool ... End of subspace message ... from pfranken@pi.net]
[Fans of Science Fiction, Fantasy, Star Trek, Elfquest, Kate Bush, ......]
[Interested in Franken and Kriesels family histories, Photography, ......]
[Drop by and visit our homepage http://www.pi.net/~pfranken/home.html....]