Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KorreKTion

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 22:54:36 -0700
Subject: KorreKTion
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

ghough@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Weasel) sez:

[In answer to another post asking how to get Cloudbusting]:

>Cloudbusting:
>It's based on Wilhelm Reich's book The Book of Dreams..  it's been
>out of press for some time (I think... it's been a while).  You may check
>library booksales and other places that sell used paperbacks.  That's
>where I got mine...

You're half right.  The song "Cloudbusting" is based on Peter Reich's
(Wilhelm's son) "A Book of Dreams" - from there on your paragraph
is correct.

However, the BOOK "Cloudbusting" is by Ron Hill, Britain's answer
to IED.  You can get a nifty HTML version at:
http://scott.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~rjc/hyper_cloud/cloudbusting.html

If you want a flat ASCII version, you can FTP one at:
ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/cloudbusting
(If I remember correctly).

I find the HTML version much more useful, since I can
quickly look up topics (such as, say, "motherhood"), and
not have to slog through a whole interview (reading Kate
interviews, to be quite blunt, makes me cringe in
embarassment.  She is a genius songwriter, musician,
singer, producer, and director.  But as the subject of
an interview, she ranks just slightly above Milli Vanilli).

- Stev0 the Cloudbuster

"Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  Wow!
Unbelievable!"
  - Typical Kate response to "It's nice to have you
with us today."