Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate ever said anything about Tori?

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@dewey.csun.edu>
Date: 1 Oct 1995 03:44:57 GMT
Subject: Kate ever said anything about Tori?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I was wondering if Kate Bush heard of Tori Amos and what she thinks of
her, since many think that Kate and Tori sound similar.  I have this
dream that one day the two will collaborate a single, even though if I'm
not mistaken, she hasn't collaborated with any women (whoops.  I forget
that trio whose name slipped my mind on "Rocket's Tail" and other
tracks.)  And not collaborate on just the vocals, but the songwriting,
production, etc. as well.  By the way, Tori Amos says that she never
listens to Kate Bush (much to my surprise.  I thought for the longest
time she was the best demonstration of Kate's influence).  True, Tori is
unique in her own right, (she and Kate are my two raves above every other
rock artist I know of).

Anyway, I'm curious what Kate had to say, if anything.

                                                  Stormin' Norman