Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 03:09:57 -0400
Subject: MisK.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

pd Campbell e-mailed IED's representative thus:

Date:  Thu, Sep 21, 1995 09:20 AM EST
From:  a026120@goodyear.com
To: IEDSRI@aol.com

I have been on quite a shopping spree lately, catching up on my
KollecTion.  Finally surfed to www.cdnow.com to get _The Single File_
(the local Kate store, TimeTraveller, told me they couldn't get it),
and also found the _Home Demos_ CD.

At the same time, I finally reach the point (reading the L-H archives)
where (sorry to bring up this possibly-painful memory) the _obsKuriTies 2_
tape was being considered.  I have just passed the point where you
apparently decided *against* doing such a thing.  Well, I am wondering
what the situation is NOW.

Specifically, how is it that CDnow is offering this product (or the
_TWW_ extended editions, for that matter)?  To me, this is akin to
Sam Goody selling the things--VERY public.  Why is there no court
injunction?  Maybe this is all answered in the archives, but I am too
impatient to search.

Feel free to post this, if you feel inclined.

--
The UnderToad, (P. Dale Campbell, pdCampbell@goodyear.com)
___
 |    "Love between the ugly
 |/       is the most beautiful love of all." <<

The obsKuriTies 2 projeKT was so long ago now that IED
honestly cannot remember what was on it or what in fact
was done about distributing it (or not) in the end.
If anyone can answer The UnderToad's question, please
do.

As for the issue of injunKTions against openly advertised
editions of the "Cathy demos" on CD -- IED agrees that
it sounds unwise, and perhaps illegal.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
   S        R         I