Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A possible KaTe "wrong"?

From: Smith Van PRC <smithv@USAFE16.ramstein.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 10:10:00 PDT
Subject: Re: A possible KaTe "wrong"?
To: "'RMG'" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 39 TEXT

Uh oh, LoveHounds, here we go with that smoking thing
again.  Gee thanks IED for mentioning the subject   ;-)

(what was Gaffa again...?)

>>IED responds:
>>
>>> 2. Wrong? As far as IED is aware, Kate has still done no "wrong",
>>>unless it
>>>be to herself (smoking, arguably, for example). But artistic error?
>>>If so,
>>
>>Well.... as smoking is still not illegal, no wrongs done there.  That
>>pretty
>>much leaves KaTe with one glaring wrong, IMHO:  lack of touring to
>>appease us loyal fanaTics!
>>
>>Van
>Just because something is legal doesn't make it "right".  How much time
>Kate is
>going to lose because of her habit?  And WHAT has she gotten, in return
>for
>that lost time?
>
>UnderToad (pdCampbell@goodyear.com)

Because something isn't "right" in your moral view doesn't make it wrong
for KaTe.   As for what KaTe has gained - who are you to say her voice
hasn't actually benefitted from smoking?  Anyone know of any medical
studies on smoking effects on the vocal chords?  Maybe KaTe gained
a whole octave as a result...  blah blah blah on smoking.  Let's puh-lease
drop the subject

Van