Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate mentioned in new Peter Buffet hit

From: elana@netcom.com (Elana who?)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 01:33:34 GMT
Subject: Kate mentioned in new Peter Buffet hit
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Has anyone else heard this???

Peter Buffet, the "Margaritaville" song guy, has done a recent, new cover
version of James Taylor's old, familiar "Mexico" song.  It's all over the
airwaves, overplayed on soft rock stations in many cities.

In the last part of the song, the singer goes into this sort of goofy
stream-of-conciousness verbage that seems to completely be off the top of
his head as the chorus sings "Ooooo-oohhh, Mexico!" over and over in the
background.  I don't have it all memorized but most if it goes something
like this: "Oh yes, we got Mr. Nordstrom in the galley!  We have the wind
on our backs...  Sailing into the land of the Mayans..." etc. etc....

The Kate mention is near the very end of the song.  It goes like this:
"...gay men in blue jeans - no, no, that's not politically correct, that's
KATE BUSH in blue jeans!!!"

I taped it and listened to it several times - it's Her name there all
right!!!

I am surprised I have not heard about it yet on the net - but then again,
you guys probably caught it already; and it's all old news to you, which
would be just my @#$%! luck.  :)

-E.