Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

new tape & Strictly, Inc.

From: Fuse@eworld.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 04:55:59 -0700
Subject: new tape & Strictly, Inc.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi there,
        I've been lurking for awhile. I've been stuck doing the Who's Tommy
in Offenbach Germany since March. Some people may say that this should be
wonderful, but it isn't. The show itself is a good piece of art, but the
management situation, especially the germans are making it a living hell.
Sorry to go on like that, but my mate and I are out of here the end of
October. So I'd love to be put on the new tape list.
        Also I'd like to put a plug in for the new CD from Strictly, Inc.
It's Tony Banks (genesis) & Jack Hues (wang chung).  The thought behind the
name is that Tony's solo albums have sold so poorly, he wanted to go
"strictly incognito".
        A lot of it is synthpop, Jack's voice is wonderful. "Only Seventeen"
is the single, but "Walls of Sound" and the title track also have single
potential.
        But there is one piece in particular that I think you'd all love. "an
island in the darkness" is a wonderful 16 minute opus with wonderful electric
grand piano intro and some of the best chord structure I've heard in a while.
The lyrics have also struck close to home.  It begins with the line, "Like a
fuse to the end will burn" .... and it concerns itself with being stuck in a
chaotic situation and having the strength to carry on.

Just wanted to share some great music that you may not find unless you knew
it was there. So far there are no plans to release it in the States.
Strictly Inc. Virgin Records CDV2790     7243 8 40718 2 0.

Greg Mazure
Fuse@eworld.com
"On an island in the darkness
Nothing is familiar,