Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Making movies

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 10:20:12 -0700
Subject: Making movies
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

kateknight@aol.com (KateKnight) sputters as much as his tiny brain is allowed:

>     Being avant-garde is all well and good. If you want to communicate to
>a very limited, pretentious element of the "audience." Remember, though,
>that music videos are for MTV.

Excuse me?  I assume you hated TLTCTC because of lack of car chases,
but those of us with IQs above 50 realized that the film is an example
of utter genius.  Yes, I didn't understand - or even appreciate - it at
first, but after several repeated viewings I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.

The key is repeated viewings and discussion with other rabid KateFans(tm),
Especially IED and KLN, in my case.

For example (and I know it's hard to believe but it's true), I didn't
understand "Eraserhead" when I first saw it.

>     Films have stories. TLTCTC did not.

I'll let IED contradict this bald-faced LIE.

- Stev0 the Lord of the Rex Reedy River

"Mind the Oranges, Marlon!"
  - From the first (and only) film
    directed by DR and Quinch