Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

To split or not to split?

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 22:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: To split or not to split?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

woj wondered if it might be better to create a new mailing list separate from
the newsgroup.  I don't think it would be necessary to create a whole new
list -- just reconfigure the current setup so that love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
and rec.music.gaffa were no longer linked in any way.

And woj is right about list publicity if the newsgroup were to go away... if
you want to find it, you'll find it.  And it's amazing what one can stumble
upon when one doesn't even know one is looking.

I, for one, vote that love-hounds be forever separated from .gaffa and made
a closed list (i.e. posts can only come from subscribers to the list).  And
soon.

(I've only been here since 1989, so I don't know if my opinion counts or not.
;)

|Meredith Tarr                                               meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                  http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/methpg.html|
|"A mistake made by a transcription service mangled a quotation from William|
|Bennett in Michael Kelly's July 17th Letter From Washington. In criticizing|
|the political views of Patrick Buchanan, Mr. Bennett said, `It's a real us-|
|and-them kind of thing,' not, as we reported, `it's a real S & M sort of   |
|thing.'" - The New Yorker, August 14, 1995                                 |