Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Lad/Lass MAY have a point here......sigh!

From: "R.L.Crane" <R.L.Crane@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 09:33:05 +0100
Subject: The Lad/Lass MAY have a point here......sigh!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Okay,

Somewhat sadly, I have to agree with most of this..........

>               The problem is - she CAN'T direct.

Well....she manages videos quite admirably but you're right in that
/+) was a touch tragic.  I was advised to view it as though it was 'a
bunch of mates having a laugh' which still didn't really do it for
me..........somewhere along the line I thought there was ajoke I was
missing.  Maybe if I f was a close personal friend it would have
meant more. It was very 'in'.

>I hear Terry Gilliam is a
> good friend of The Lady's. Why not conceive a film and score it - maybe
> even a musical - but for goodness sakes let SOMEONE ELSE direct (and act).

Uh-huh....seems good to me......Terry Gilliam.....the Ninth
Wave.....hmmmm.  This sounds like a good time! :-)

> She knew what she was doing putting the brilliant Miranda Richardson in
> TLTCTC. That's the ticket! Produce and compose, milady!

Just another musician who thinks she can act because she's creative?
Hmmmm........I don't know.  Lets be honest this was her first attempt
at something more than a promo, and we all have to 'cut our teeth'
somewhere.......most of us however don't get to put our stuff out on
video and make cash from it......jeez am I rambling here?

I think the phrase 'ill advised' is appropriate.  Be Kind To Her
Mistakes ?

Okay.  As far as possible

"I want a Shoe-horn,
      the kind with teeth,