Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The servers are named!

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 15:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: The servers are named!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Sender: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>

First prizes go to Cristin Williams, the first one to suggest "lionheart"
and to Brian Dongray, who had about 45 different suggestions and happened
to be the only one to suggest "gaffa!"

I chose "lionheart" and "gaffa" because they are clearly identifiable
with Kate, and not generic enough to be mistaken for anything else by
someone who knows.

A very warm congratulations, Cristin and Brian. You have much to be proud
of! Your accomplishments will live on long after these humble
SPARCservers become obsolete. (Because we'll still be using them. We
never throw anything away!) :-)

Thanks,
Stu

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|