Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

spams and digest

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 22:12:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: spams and digest
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

To answer your question, Tamar, I'm sure lots of people have been getting
truncated digests since we've been getting spammed EVERY SINGLE DAY, thus
making the digest grow exponentially.  My digests have been arriving intact,
but I haven't been able to view them all because I just don't have the time
to page through the spam crap.

I heartily agree with Aaron that love-hounds should be made a closed list,
i.e. you can only post if you are subscribed to the mailing list.  I realize
that this will mean a separation from the newsgroup, but relally, does anyone
have USENET access but not mail access any more?  Personally, I don't think it
is worth it to be on a list that's gated to a newsgroup that gets spammed
several times a day, when pretty much everyone who reads the newsgroup could
subscribe to the digest/mailing list without much trouble at all.  If it meant
no more spams, I think it would be worth the sacrifice a few of us would have
to make.

Meredith
meth@delphi.com