Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry/Maria

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 9 Sep 1995 17:03:10 GMT
Subject: Jane Siberry/Maria
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Okay, I have a problem here....
I was in a cafe last night in the Haight and they were playing something,
and after a while, I thought, "Is this Jane Siberry?" Since the only
Siberry album I've ever heard is "When I Was A Boy," I didn't have much to
compare it to, although this album sounded much more mellow, jazzier, with
lots of trumpet in the background. There was definitely a song called
"Maria" on it, and when I asked who it was, the guy behind the counter
called upstairs and the only answer he got back was "Maria." Jane's voice,
if it was her, was less squeaky than it was on WIWAB, which was nice. If
this sounds like the new album, please confirm so I can go buy it! It was
great, and what's more will now remind me of a very wonderful evening.

         Anthony Kyle Monday           /
e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu / "Jai un a^me solitare"